If you are in mlm (direct sales), unless you have 100 friends and family that jumped at the chance to join your business opportunity, you have most likely done some research on recruiting from your cold market. A quick Google search will land you at mlmgateway. This website ‘promises’ several new leads per day! Sounds amazing- sign me up! Here are a few things you should know:
- Yes, you can join for free, however, you are very limited as to what you can do with a free account. You need credits, which can be purchased in bulk or on a monthly basis. For example, 30 credits will cost you $14 up to 600 credits for $189 or you can subscribe monthly to become a premium member, which starts at $24.95/month. You need these credits to actually send a connect request or accept a request from anyone.
- Most of the people on mlmgateway are looking FOR recruits, NOT looking to be recruited. In all reality, unless you live under a rock, you don’t have to search and join a website to find a direct sales company to join. Google will give you hundreds of results and a click on anyone will present someone who will be more than happy to have you join their opportunity. The basic premise of mlmgateway is “you try my opportunity and I’ll try yours.” So if you are not looking to try someone else’s opportunity, you won’t have much luck.
- Getting people to reply to you can be tricky. It will cost you 1 credit to send a connect request but 20 credits to accept someone’s connect request. That means if you get 20 people per day that want to connect with you, it will cost you 400 credits to connect with all of them. For this reason, people tend to be a pick picky about which requests they accept.
- Having said all of that, there is potential for you to find someone that is an mlm junkie and will join you. Who knows, maybe you will end up with someone that already belongs to 10 direct sales companies but wants to work yours as well. It’s better to have that person on board than not.
- There is potential to connect with other people and end up with new customers. You may form a ‘relationship’ through email with someone, discussing your opportunities and you really like the other product, or vice versa, so one of you decides to purchase from the other.
- You really have to go into it with an open mind and look at it as a way to get your name seen by others. If you have a great deal to join, put it in your “interested in” comments so it shows up in the members list with your info. Even if you register for free and maybe purchase a small credit package, it may benefit you just by forming relationships. I wouldn’t completely discount it, but start slow. Don’t buy the $180 package and expect recruits to knock down your door.
If you would like to try mlmgateway, you can follow my link below.
Click here to visit MLMGateway
And this is how most people in direct sales are viewed by their friends and family…as a vampire, trying to attack them and suck their blood to turn them into another mindless, multilevel marketing drone! (Props to Snapchat filters for this pic:))
But seriously, if you are in direct sales, you have probably contacted 100 of your closest friends and family looking for the 1 “yes” amongst 99 “no’s”, made your Facebook announcement, and waited for people to come running to you to buy your great stuff or join your great business opportunity. You’ve had people turn around when they see you, roll their eyes, stop liking your social media posts (“oh God, if I like it, she will think I want to buy it!) and have had people flat out tell you that you are becoming annoying.
The key to becoming successful in MLM is to move away from the warm market- stop bugging your friends and family. Tap into the cold market! Make people come to you. Once you can accomplish this, your warm market will be blown away by your success and their attitudes will change- but it won’t actually matter at that point, you won’t need them (but you’ll still let them buy or join out of pity).
Anyway, there are two people I have found that have great FREE info on building your team through the cold market Nick Pratt and Ray Higdon. (Note- I am NOT affiliated with either one of these guys- I have only used their FREE videos and information). Both of these websites offer link after link to video after video of good info. Of course, they are both trying to sell their opportunity, so you will run into points where they want you to buy something but there’s so much free info, there is no need to purchase.
Don’t get me wrong, I would like to claim to be an expert, a top earner in my company, but I’m not there yet! Just working my way up like everyone else!
DO NOT MEET SALES GOALS OUT OF YOUR POCKET! Unless, of course, it makes good financial sense. One big reason people fail at direct sales is they get too caught up in “promoting” or meeting goals that they personally buy product in order meet the goal. Now, if your goal is $10 away and that will be offset by your pay BECAUSE you met the goal, go for it. But if you are spending $300 just to say you promoted or kept your title, don’t do it. You want to make money and enjoy your business, not be stuck with a ton of product because you kept “meeting goals.” Your sales company and your credit card company will be happy and you will be miserable! Take the time to figure out tour break even point. You will be much happier and stick with it much longer.If you manage to stay ahead of the financial game in the beginning and stick with your company, you can earn a modest to really nice chunk of change every month.
Of course, the key to really making money is growing your team. Check out https://rayhigdon.com/blog/ for some really great FREE tips for growing your team (I am in no way affiliated with him or his website, I just like his advice and it’s FREE, and who doesn’t like that?)
I would love to connect with everyone! Send me a friend request on facebook- I love exchanging stories, tips and tricks that others have learned.
#mlmtips #multilevelmarketing #directsales #directsalestips
* Header photo borrowed from stopleakingmoney.com