If you are in mlm (direct sales), unless you have 100 friends and family that jumped at the chance to join your business opportunity, you have most likely done some research on recruiting from your cold market. A quick Google search will land you at mlmgateway. This website ‘promises’ several new leads per day! Sounds amazing- sign me up! Here are a few things you should know:
- Yes, you can join for free, however, you are very limited as to what you can do with a free account. You need credits, which can be purchased in bulk or on a monthly basis. For example, 30 credits will cost you $14 up to 600 credits for $189 or you can subscribe monthly to become a premium member, which starts at $24.95/month. You need these credits to actually send a connect request or accept a request from anyone.
- Most of the people on mlmgateway are looking FOR recruits, NOT looking to be recruited. In all reality, unless you live under a rock, you don’t have to search and join a website to find a direct sales company to join. Google will give you hundreds of results and a click on anyone will present someone who will be more than happy to have you join their opportunity. The basic premise of mlmgateway is “you try my opportunity and I’ll try yours.” So if you are not looking to try someone else’s opportunity, you won’t have much luck.
- Getting people to reply to you can be tricky. It will cost you 1 credit to send a connect request but 20 credits to accept someone’s connect request. That means if you get 20 people per day that want to connect with you, it will cost you 400 credits to connect with all of them. For this reason, people tend to be a pick picky about which requests they accept.
- Having said all of that, there is potential for you to find someone that is an mlm junkie and will join you. Who knows, maybe you will end up with someone that already belongs to 10 direct sales companies but wants to work yours as well. It’s better to have that person on board than not.
- There is potential to connect with other people and end up with new customers. You may form a ‘relationship’ through email with someone, discussing your opportunities and you really like the other product, or vice versa, so one of you decides to purchase from the other.
- You really have to go into it with an open mind and look at it as a way to get your name seen by others. If you have a great deal to join, put it in your “interested in” comments so it shows up in the members list with your info. Even if you register for free and maybe purchase a small credit package, it may benefit you just by forming relationships. I wouldn’t completely discount it, but start slow. Don’t buy the $180 package and expect recruits to knock down your door.
If you would like to try mlmgateway, you can follow my link below.